wxMidi: Changes between versions
wxMidi 2.0 (2015/Jan/12)
INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES WITH 1.5
- Length of wxMidiSysExMessage uses now a 'long' instead of an 'int'. Therefore:
This change was required to avoid a limit of 32KB for SysEx messages.
- method wxMidiSysExMessage::Length() now returns a long.
- method wxMidiSysExMessage::SetLength() now requires a long as parameter.
- Fixed bug causing occasional problems when receiving sysex messages (thanks to
Brian Walton for reporting this bug, tracing its origin and helping in tests).
- Added code to detect and signal a timeout in the recepcion of SysEx messages. This
could happend if midi cable is disconnected during a SysEx transmision.
- Added optional parameter to wxMidiDeviceIn() constructor for specifying the wait
time (seconds) to finish an incomplete SysEx message before reporting a timeout
error. By default, 5 seconds.
- Added optional parameter to method wxMidiDeviceIn::Open() for specifying the buffer
size to be used by the portmidi library. Default value has been increased to 4KB.
- Removed artificial limitation for receiving SysEx messages larger that 10,000 bytes.
As a consequence, error code wxMIDI_ERROR_BadSysExMsg_Length has been removed.
- Added two new translations: German, thanks to Undine Peters; Simplified Chinese,
thanks to 卢文汐 (Wenxi Lu).
- Documentation updated and rewriten for using Doxygen.
- Minor changes in code, mainly for avoiding a couple of compilation warnings and for
including documentation in source code.
- Added more functionality to midisound sample application to allow to test
more MIDI commands.
wxMidi 1.5 (2011/Dec/02)
- Portmidi latest version (217) has changed the definition of PmTimestamp
from 'long' to 'int'. This causes some compilation problems in wxMidi
that has been fixed. Code reviewed to ensure compatibility.
- Fixed a couple of compilation errors due to changes introduced by
- Added optional parameter to method wxMidiDatabaseGM::PopulateWithInstruments
for optionally adding a sequence number to the listed items.
- Added three new translations: Italian (Mauro Giubileo), Basque (Karlos
del Olmo Serna) and Galician (Emilio Mesías and Xema Sanxurxo
wxMidi 1.4 (2007/May/19)
- No changes in source code.
- Added translation to Dutch (Jack Van Handenhove).
- Distributed and tested with latest portmidi version (17/Jan/07)
- Distributed wxMidi libraries precompiled with wxWidgets 2.8.0
wxMidi 1.3 (2006/Nov/18)
- No changes in source code.
- Added translations to French (Carlos Alarcia) and Turkish (Elif Öztürk).
- Distributed wxMidi libraries precompiled with wxWidgets 2.8.0rc1
wxMidi 1.2 (2006/Aug/18)
- Static string initializations removed. This caused problems for internationalization.
- Added 'locale' folder with .po and .mo language files. Spanish translation added.
- Distributed wxMidi libraries precompiled with wxWidgets 2.6.3
- lib names changed. No longer include version number
wxMidi 1.1 (2006/Jan/3)
- Added patch to PortMidi (contributed by Andreas Micheler) to fix memory leaks problem in
- Distributed wxMidi libraries precompiled with wxWidgets 2.6.2
wxMidi 1.0 (2005/Sep/3)
- Initial release. Distribution precompiled with wxWidgets 2.6.0
Last updated: 2015/01/19